December 2, 2017

Simply Marilyn


Norma Jeane Mortenson
June 1, 1926, August 5, 1962, Los Angeles, California, United States
1.66 m


"A beauty-symbol becomes a thing, I just hate being a thing. If I'm going to be a symbol of something I'd rather have it beauty than some other things we've got symbols of. "


Among her thousands and thousands photographs, I wanted those which captured her inner truth, her sadness, her sickness. I know all about her, she's my idol since my 12.

Today, maybe she could have been cured or appeased, but would she have avoided her fascination for the powerful men of this world ? She died with her secrets we now know. Like Icarus, she burned her wings.












By Eve Arnold
A Private Moment













By Ed Feingersh
Taken on the roof of Hotel Ambassador in New York



















By George Barris 
For Cosmopolitan















By Ed Feingersh 
Quiet Moment, 1955






















For Time Magazine













By Milton H. Greene







By Sam Shaw
New York, 1957































By André De Dienes
1953, Bel Air Hotel
























No comments: