December 17, 2017

My tribute to Helmut Newton




"What I find interesting is working in a society with certain taboos - and fashion photography is about that kind of society. To have taboos, then to get around them - that's interesting." Helmut Newton


Helmut Newton (born Helmut Neustädter, 31 October 1920 - 23 January 2004) was a German-Australian photographer. He was a prolific, widely imitated photographer whose provocative, erotically charged black and white photographs made of him a Master. Among his thousands photographs, I choosed to exhibit all his facets in artistic nudes : indoors, "domestic", outdoors, studios, celebrities. He surprised me and I hope he'll surprise you too.

To end and let you admire, after a long investigation through my 110 interviews, Helmut Newton is the first inspirator for a lot of photographers, members of this Collective Magazine, and maybe the trigger of their passion.

In memory.


 Kristine de Bell, 200 Motels, 1976



















Domestic Nude series







Sylvia in my studio, Paris, 1981



















Berlin nude, 1977







Viviane Esders








Domestic nude













Jassara, Rue Aubriot, 1977







June Newton



 


 





Rue Aubriot, Paris, 1975
 







5 of his large series "Big Nude"




















Nancy La Scala, Monte-Carlo 1990











No comments: