April 8, 2011

The three facets of Nicole Kidman



By James White
for Harper's Bazaar, December 2013





Nicole Kidman
Nicole Mary Kidman, 20 June 1967, Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
1,80 m





Nicole Kidman is one of the tallest actress. She was during a long time complexed by her size and didn't believe in her actress' career. She told it to The Sun :

"I didn't know whether I could become an actress because I was so tall and gangly. I wish I could have known, at the time, that it was character building."


This article needed three parts : her best in BW, her strange erotic shooting I still don't understand, and Nicole as Marilyn Monroe in a controversial series, too tall, small breast, eyes color, I agree.

After hours and hours of search, I can say she did a lot of bad color photographs, modelling is not her job, but Fabien Baron did a beautiful indoors series where we forget the star to see the woman :



A series by Fabien Baron
For Interview Magazine, October 2015, she was 48.









































By Jeanloup Sieff







By Peter Lindbergh















By Mario Testino
For V-Magazine, after a lot of Photoshop








Photographers not found


























































































The mysterious shootings


In these ugly pictures (not captures of movies), Nicole Kidman made me speechless. I found nothing about this incredible exhibition far from her soft image. Maybe was she drunk and more ? Maybe is it an idea of his partner who published them on the net ? Anyway, I'm disappointed by such a bad taste, and, I confess, a little happy to see her nude truth. 

By the way, you see she can't be a good impersonator of Marilyn Monroe, below.





















And in the same register (???)





























As Marilyn Monroe by Alan Gelati
For Australian Harper's Bazaar, February 2008


For its 10th anniversary, Australian Harper's Bazaar staged a photo shoot of Nicole Kidman as Marilyn Monroe :
“I've always longed to look like Marilyn Monroe but I've always had trouble putting weight on in the right places.”

She's right. She tried, oups, missed. However, I appreciate the series :



























Eyes Wide Shut



"I don't mind being naked"
"I don't mind being naked. Maybe as I get older, and now after having had a baby, it might be different, but I enjoy not letting my issues get in the way of a performance. Once I start putting all my little insecurities in my mind, I'm not actually acting. Then it's about me and it should never be about me. It should be about the character."

The Director wanted all of her and found a very good idea :

























No comments: