March 16, 2014

Stan Boulton joins us








You'll find Stan Boulton at : his official site, Studiovogue Photography, Net Model, deviantART.









"Candace on the rocks 4"
Art Model Candace Nirvana










"Candace 26"
Art Model Candace Nirvana












"Candace 28"
Art Model Candace Nirvana











As a majority of the Australian photographers, Stan Boulton, from Canberra, loves to shoot his talented art models in outstanding landscapes. No need to ask why, Autralia is simply an amazing country made for this spectacular genre.

Stan Boulton is a very prolific artist with a "recent" predilection for BW and outdoors shootings. In fact, all his nude work was until recently studio based, but it was Candace Nirvana that dragged him out doors for the first time last December !

I've been immediatly attracted by the beauty of his compositions, the grace of his inspiration and his elegant way to direct his famous art models, capturing with a true success their very best.

After a serious car accident, with courage and tenacity, Stan Boulton has decided to become a full time professional photographer, one of the biggest life changing decisions he has ever taken. Since 2006, he's running one of the Canberra's leading portrait studios, StudioVogue Photography.

So, here he is ! Of course. Thank you Stan for your kindness.









"Late Nite TV"
Art Model Jessamyne










The story of his beginnings





"Morning sun..."
Art Model Candace Nirvana













" I'm a Canberra (Australia) based professional photographer and the owner of StudioVogue Photography.

I sort of fell into photography a few years ago : I'd had a car accident and fractured my spin. While not invalided, it certainly restricted what I could do for quite some time.

Not long after I bought my first digital camera, and freed from the restriction of development costs, found a new outlet for my creative streak.


For a while I shot anything and everything, but found I really enjoyed shooting people.










"Wood elf"
Art Model Candace Nirvana















"Midnight Mink"
Art Model Jessamyne

















My introduction to model photography came about as I was unhappy with my formal work.


Candids are easy... It's a matter of observation and timing but the formal work was a challenge, especially since it is all about control : control of the light, control over the pose... So I signed up on a couple of modelling sites, and eventually organised a TFP shoot with Jasmina, followed by another.

Then I had a lucky break. A certain Sydney professional tog saw my work and offered to help out. The result was my shoot with the wonderful Jackie, my first really successful shoot.










"Courtney 22"










A couple of months later, with the need to upgrade my PC, I borrowed enough to equip a studio, and replace my camera as well. David offered again to help out, and the shoot with Michelle was the result. With two studio shoots under direction under my belt it was time to go it alone.










Art Model Candace Nirvana










"Queen of the sea 9"
Art Model Seraphiim













"Fragile"
Art Model Anne


















Anne was the next shoot. While Anne must be given credit (she's a first class model) I was very surprised with the result - while not everything I tried worked, I ended up with a large collection of shots that I was very happy with.

Bouyed by my success, I shot Tanya the following week, coming down with the flu, the shoot ended up being a reality check. I ended up with more discards than I expected as a result, and really didn't do justice to this delightful young lady. Still, I learned a few things and hope to reprise the shoot.

Recovering from the flu, I made a rare visit to OMP, and noticed Genevieve's portfolio. I offered a TFP shoot, and was pleasantly surprised when she responded positively. I think the results were worth it..."










"Princess Candace 3"
Art Model Candace Nirvana



No comments: