January 18, 2013

Bella Blue's interview


" It's a lot to hire or ask someone to pose nude for you. It's a very vulnerable situation for the model and is private. To be that open and comfortable is something that the photographer should cherish and respect. I have been fortunate enough to have always worked with very respectful and talented photographers." Bella Blue







by Max Prophet - "Arch II"



















Dear Bella, I know you're new in the art model scene. When exactly did you begin modeling ?

I began modeling in December of 2007. I was approached by my now good friend Max Prophet about posing for him. I had never modeled a day in my life. I fell in love with it that very day.


It's not so far indeed. And why such a passion ?

Never before had I ever been able to express myself using my body to make art and help others ideas come to fruition.

For me, this is the sole reason that I continued modeling and it has become such an addiction for me.

















by Max Prophet
"Warehouse Heels"











It's not your every day job. Could you tell us some words about your dancer's career ?

I am a professional burlesque dancer in New Orleans. Burlesque is such a huge part of the history here and it truly makes me feel honored and prideful to be apart of something that is such an integral part of where I come from.


What are the things you like the best about modeling ?

I am not shy in any way... Basically, I love being nude !


It has been so amazing to create art literally in the nude.









by Max Prophet
"Warehouse Heels II"


















by Colin J Lacy
"Water Personified"









Is there a genre you prefer ? A photographic style you feel more comfortable with ?

Figure studies, being able to make odd and creative poses.


For sure ! What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment as a model ?

Hmmmm... This one is really tough. I have accomplished so much as a model thus far... way more than I ever thought possible.

I dont' have one thing in particular. Everything I have done over the last year has been one amazing accomplishment !


Nice ! Another tough question (but I like it !) : what is your personal favorite photo ?

It's in my nature as a model (and a woman) to be SUPER critical... lol. I'm sure I can pick apart each one of my photos in one way or another. But, I think the one I am most proud of is the Pears photo by Michael Siu :





by Michael Siu
"Pears"










by Michael Siu
"The afterthought"









by Storm Surge
"Prominence"




Wonderful choice ! What makes you so creative in your poses ? Is it your training as a dancer ?

Without a doubt.


Modeling for me is very similar to choreography. It's all about lines, form and structure.


What kind of ambiance inspires you ?


Quiet with a little music in the background and a location that is preferably a little on the dark side.










by Storm Surge
"Incomplete II"













by Hampton Van Meter
"Pin up Baby III"




How do you feel at the end of a shooting ? Maybe exhausted when we see the poses you're able to do ?...

Mostly drained, but accomplished at the same time. I give 150% everytime I shoot and it can be mentally and physically exhausting.


Do you prefer to be guided by the photographer or to be free to move as you feel, to improvise ?

I prefer to have both. Photographers see me differently than how I feel when I am in a pose. There are time when their input is critical to making the photo come out as amazing as it can. More often than not, the photographers allow me to improvise and then we collaborate on the different poses to create the end product.









by Michael Siu -
"Trust"





What make you confident when you plan a shooting with a photographer you don't know ?

I know I am more than capable of giving them what they are looking for and have no doubt in my mind that at the end of the day, we will have created some amazing photos.


You're so passionate ! Bella, we hear many things about the relationships between the art model and the photographer, good and bad... Do you find they give you all the credit you deserve for your performance ?

Everyone I have worked with definitely does. It's a lot to hire or ask someone to pose nude for you. It's a very vulnerable situation for the model and is private. To be that open and comfortable is something that the photographer should cherish and respect. I have been fortunate enough to have always worked with very respectful and talented photographers.










by Storm Surge
"Roots"











by Joe Taravella
"Spaceball III"





Who is the photographer you're dreaming to work with ?

I truly love pin up modeling and would LOVE to work with Viva Van Story. She is so talented... It blows me away.


The message is sent. And what about your next future ? Are you working on a project ?


Oh who knows ! I live my life day to day... All I know is that I am happy, healthy. I have two wonderful healthy children and am in love with my best friend and soul mate. For me, that's my future right there.













 by Hampton Van Meter
"An Oldie but Goody"

This was taken in February of 2008 at our Fleur de Tease Valentines show. I do a classic fan dance to "Baby Won't You Please Come Home" by Louis Prima. It is by far my most favorite dance to do. I have been doing burlesque for 2 years now and I NEVER get tired of performing this number. Hampton is the master of capturing live shots. He caught this and I have always loved it."








Love is all... A message for our readers ?

There are so many cheesy and corny lines that could go right here that pretty much everyone has heard before. The one thing that I have learned in my life so far that it truly is what you make it :



Don't ever let anyone dictate to you how you want to live your own life, how skinny or fat your should be, what kind of job you should have, hair color, breast size, etc.This life is yours and only yours : you can do ANYTHING !



Wonderful message ! You're right Bella, we all have our life in our hands. Thanks a lot for your time and your so kind trust !






by Max Prophet
"The Bathroom"



No comments: