June 26, 2016

Thorsten Jankowski, a Sculptor of bodies





Member of UdA since 2008



Black and white addicted, I see myself as a Sculptor of bodies - the human form is predestinated to create images which rock. When I am taking pictures, I am working. I am conducting, I am analyzing, I am waiting for the right moment, I am anathematising the light, I am seeing, I am concentrated.





"Zeta"
























"Tower"




I admire the art of Thorsten since my first look. His black and white nudes, his true passion, are quite outstanding. Like André Brito or Igor Amelkovich, all his pictures are creative, inspired, deeply aesthetical and so original.

The light is always perfect and his interpretation of space full of talent. His "sculptural" compositions are rare and majestic. The poses are worked with a perfectionist attention to the smallest detail.

Yes, without any doubt, Thorsten masters his art with a consuming inventiveness.







"Android"











" Born in 1968 in Braunschweig, Germany, I'm taking images of mankind ever since I can think. I'm specialized in studio portraiture since 2003, and focus in Nude Sculpures since 2005. This is my great goal.

Black and white addicted, I see myself as a Sculptor of bodies - the human form is predestinated to create images which rock.When I am taking pictures, I am working. I am conducting, I am analyzing, I am waiting for the right moment, I am anathematising the light, I am seeing, I am concentrated.

Erotic impact looses its importance instead focusing on the human body itself and its endless variety. My Goal is to achieve a graphical impact with my images.






"Moldau"









































"Space nudity"









The fascination on portraiture started in the early 90's – still analog using daylight photography.With the digital aera and studio equipment (Hensel Lighting Equipment) he started shooting studio portraits in 2004. In 2006 he sets his focus on what he calls “sculptural nudes” and “sculptural bodies”.


While shooting with a model he is absolutely not interested in any erotic impact. The form of the human body is the main interest for Thorsten. Creating a graphical image with human bodies and light is the main goal of his work.








"Symmetric"






"Paranoid"







By Bryon Paul Mc Cartney, photographer :




"Bend"




" Thorsten Jankowski's images are engaging and mysterious. He carefully uses light to create a mood of softness that is carefully balanced with models who appear posed as perfectly crafted sculptures.

As a former graphic designer, his images appeal to me as graphic works as well, there is a simplicity in his work that brings the viewer into the image on a direct but intimate level, as if every detail was considered and designed to grab your immediate attention.

Looking through Thorsten Jankowski's work, I found myself wishing that I had taken these photos, I was very jealous in fact. This was my introduction to Thorsten Jankowski's photography.







"Tau"



As a photographer, it is always difficult to write or talk about another photographer's work. In Thorsten Jankowski's case, this is not a problem. Thorsten Jankowski's work immediately stands out, not only because he has such a distinctive style from image to image, but also because you find yourself drawn into his world. You get to see things from his point of view, and in this way, you get a sense of who Thorsten Jankowski really is as an artist.


You see that he is deliberate, that he considers no detail too small, that he is a perfectionist on every level, and that he makes the very most of the very least.








"Body"










"Tonality"



No comments: