January 16, 2016

A.J. Kahn's Artist's Statement








ARTIST’S STATEMENT
 
During my years of photographing the nude, I have explored many approaches to this diverse subject.  For purposes of this online portfolio, I have created a collection of images that I feel, celebrates the profound beauty of the human form.


I acknowledge that subjective tastes make it impossible to define universal beauty.  My efforts therefore, are simply to present those images that have strongly impacted me.


Included in the collection are some images that depict the body as an abstract landscape. Devoid of human qualities, light and shadow are used to emphasize the basic elements of texture and form.  Other images are more cerebral representations that recognize the subject as a person. Several works that demonstrate a sense of power, self-assuredness and harmony are juxtaposed with others that show tension, passivity and insecurity.  In all, the essence of human emotion is explored.



It has been an enlightening journey for me in these artistic efforts.  My hope is that the viewer will have a similar appreciation for the beauty of this powerful subject.


 




Art Model Anya

































No comments: