October 27, 2012

Katerina Belkina's Interview











"My studio. Her shadow"











Katerina Belkina
, tell us how did your passion begin ?

My mother is painter and I was studying drawing from early childhood. I began to make photos much later and my photography life was separated from drawings for many years till once several years ago I tried to combine them.


A good idea ! Did you learn photography in a special school ?

Yes I have special education.


Who are your greatest inspirators ? Your favorite photographers ?

I adore many classical artists, not only photographers, like Watson for example.











"Cat that Anastasia frightens..."





How long could you be far from your camera ?

Only till the current work is not over.


What are your preferences, indoor, outdoor, natural lights, color ?Everything depends on idea, but I prefer natural light.


How long dit it take to find your own style ? Could you define it ?

I can’t say that I tried to find my own style. It came in my creation process, and it's hard to define it because it’s always evolves.


Of course... Is your photography mostly nudes ?

I think it about a half.









"For Schiele"
from "Paint" series

" In these works I combine a photo, drawing by pencil or coal and painting by oil. I try to recreate technics of my lovely artists on a computer. And of course, it's my self sight at creativity of my favorite artists."

 


"For Picasso"
from "Paint" series












"Aglaya and her secret passions"
from the series "famous Hunters"





What is your favorite theme ?

I think it's portraits.


Some words about your models, particularly you ?

The best model is myself because “this model understands the photographer better than others”.


How do you feel at the end of a shooting ?

The first feeling is a kind of emptiness but it usually changes to satisfaction.


Have you a special project, some challenges you're dreaming about in a next future ?

Most of my works is about woman and I’m going to make a project with a man.


Keep me informed... Have you scheduled your next exhibition ?

Yes. I’ll have two Moscow exhibitions this November. One of them will travel to Germany and USA next year.










"Helianthus"
from the series "Herbarium"












"My studio. Breath"















That's great ! I'm really happy for you. And have you published a book ?

Not yet but I plan to do it.


Besides shooting, have you another passion ?

It’s dancing !


A message to send ?

The message is in my works. Maybe, with time, it will be not only in photo.


Thanks Katerina ! I know how it can be difficult to make an interview in a foreign language... I deeply appreciate !





No comments: