August 27, 2012

Lorand Peli's interview




Lorand Peli
is 28 and lives in Romania.

The first time I saw his portfolio, I was immediately attracted, telling me : "Ho, there is something inside ! The beginning of a style, a new universe to know better..." And he was very surprised to be asked for an article here inside, his first interview : "I've never took the time to write about me. Until now I haven't even thought about my first steps in photography !"







Lorand Peli, how did all that begin ?

I guess it all started when I took the leap from my childhood to puberty. Like everyone else I had a pencil and a sheet of paper... and I just got creative, as the hormones were dancing inside me. Of course it was just for fun, but I noticed that I liked to draw, with some talent (idest more than my friends around me). I learned programming (I really loved at that time) at the the high school, with maximum grades, so the drawing was just a hobby and a "waste of time" according to others. At this point, I'll skip a few years until the past year, at the end of summer, when I've bought my first camera.









"Eyes wide shut"









Past year only ?...

I knew you'll be suprised. Yes, only one year ago. I'm a "newbie". I always wanted a camera. Since my childhood. So, the last year I have raised enough money to buy a camera. It was a Fuji Finepix E510. A point and shoot one, but I could set it to manual. And in december I got my Sony H5, which is slighly better. Today, I'm trying to get another better one, but I just can't afford it for now.










"I'm watching you"
Art Model Allynah









And how long could you be far from your camera ?

If I don't have my camera ? I can always go along with drawings. Anyway I have neglected them since I've bought it.









"Elements"





Do you feel particularly inspired by a kind of location ?

Of course some locations inspire me more, and sometimes my head is above the clouds, thinking how I could do and what could be the most apropriate for the site.
I don't have a preference between indoor (studio, hehehe, I try to manage one at home) or outdoors. I have learned (because most of the time I can't choose between lights or locations) to manage with what I get. If there is natural light... how to use it. If I get fortunate enough and shoot at home, how can I set my prehistoric lighting set to get out the most of a picture. So for now I really don't have a preference, except how to improve.


What is your process of creation ?

Where other people see disorganization (my mum for example) I see order. Most of the time I start with some ideas, but I always go along as I feel. I guess that makes me easy to work with, because I don't make strict plans (no rules) to follow and I don't have any pattern... I think that I'm open minded, always opened to suggestions, to new things. But it has to be relevant (for me).









"Human nature"
Art Model Allynah










Fine nude art is your passion, isn't it ?



For me, the human form (especially female, but I don't have any problem shooting male nudes also) surpasses the lanscapes, static products shots or stock photos.


I love to catch an excitement, a feeling, something that represents human being, young or aged. The thing that makes you "hot", different. I can't describe it very well. It's a feeling, and I know you know what I'm talking about.










"After"










What's for your next future ?

I have a running idea in collaboration with some people for my first exhibition, and of course I'm thinking about a book. Now it's too soon for me to contact an editor or a publishing house. Right now, I'm an unknown photographer and I won't get their support.


It will come, Lori ! Thanks for everything !




1 comment:

DS said...

I love Lorand's trenuri portfolio, who is that model? She is just awesome, absolutely stunning, great photos.